Wenity is a multiplatform Zenity clone aimed at (shell) script writers helping them to interact with their users by various types of GUI dialogs.
The premise is to call Wenity from your script and the exit code/response file will contain the user selection.
Main properties of Wenity:
- written in Java, so supports any operating system with Java and GUI installed
- supports complex return types by using response files
- module based architecture supporting different functions:
- simple dialogs (user input, information, question, error/warning)
- progress indicator dialog
- notification in system tray
- file chooser dialog
- file viewer (text and html)
- file system interaction
Same example dialogs made by using Wenity.
|Custom Dialog (Linux)||Html Viewer (Windows)|
|Progress Indicator (Linux)||Notification Balloon (Windows)|